Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Vertigo

Vertigo, vertigo, vertigo – whoa!
Walking in circles is no way to go.
Everything’s turning and moving and spinning;
Nothing is ending, only beginning.

Vertigo, vertigo, vertigo – stop!
Each tiny step feels like I'm gonna drop.
Can’t get a fix on an object ahead;
Nothing’s in focus – they’re drifting instead.

Vertigo, vertigo, vertigo – halt!
I just can’t handle this type of assault.
Crossing the room I’m at lurch like a drunk;
Confined to the house I’ve sunk into a funk.

Vertigo, vertigo, vertigo – why?
Help me get better and I will comply.
I swallow the meds but they don’t really work;
Frustration is mounting – I’m going berserk.

Vertigo, vertigo, vertigo – leave!
You’ve done what you must have set out to achieve.
I’m dizzy and staggering, helpless and trapped;
The only relief came the hours I napped.

Vertigo, vertigo, vertigo – please!
Here I’m beseeching on two shaky knees.
You’ve had your fun with your prankish attack;
Now begone, disappear, vanish – and don’t come back!



No comments:

Post a Comment