Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pez

No matter what an expert says
About what folks should savor,
I really hate the taste of Pez –
That goes for every flavor.

The small contraption where it goes
Is cute, unique and fun;
But everybody surely knows
You’re glad when each row’s done.

It tastes like baby aspirin did
When melted in a spoon.
I had that as a fevered child
And won’t repeat it soon.

There are some people who collect
Those Pez dispenser toys.
Nostalgia is what I expect
Contributes to their joys.

For recently I had a taste
Of modern Pez, in cherry.
I chewed and swallowed in such haste
It was extraordinary.

The flavor hadn’t changed a whit;
The texture was like chalk.
If offered some, I’d stall a bit
Then beat it, like a hawk.

Some candy treats are meant to be
A childhood paragon.
Today, I’d take Godiva,
‘Cause that Pez-press urge is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment