Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Addicted

Coffee drinkers everywhere
Will know just what I mean
When I describe my symptoms
If I don’t get my caffeine.

On those rare times I skip my brew
For reasons I can’t fight,
A headache gathers kindling,
Just waiting to ignite.

With stubbornness and fortitude,
It builds a towering pyre;
And when the pounding’s at its peak,
It sets the pile on fire.

A headache of such magnitude
Just laughs in Advil’s face.
Aleve and Bayer also cave,
Retreating in disgrace.

The only cure that works for sure
Is coffee, hot and strong.
With just one sip, I know those flames
Will not be burning long.

By summoning the caffeine hose
To douse that headache’s rage,
I manage to control the beast
And lock it in its cage.

And there it shall remain unless
I miss my morning fix;
‘Cause headaches like today’s I need
Just like a ton of bricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment