Monday, February 27, 2012

The Skinny

While following the Oscar show,
A movie-goer’s duty,
I focused on the actresses,
To see who “walked in beauty.”

I hated many hair-dos,
Thought the gowns were mediocre;
But several had great earrings
Or a dazzling diamond choker.

Some women’s faces seemed to have
Been altered by the knife,
While others’ make-up hid the creases
Added on by life.

What most surprised me, though,
Were the celebrities so gaunt
They strutted to the stage with bodies
That they chose to flaunt.

With toothpick arms and jutting bones
They didn’t look appealing;
And what about the hidden parts
Their dresses were concealing?

I’ve often heard it said
“No one can be too rich or thin;”
But what I saw were women
Who could use some extra skin.

There weren’t many, just a few,
Among the multitude;
But at the after-parties, man!
I hope they ate some food!

No comments:

Post a Comment