Friday, December 2, 2011

Under the Plastic

I just bought a kitchen timer
Sealed inside a plastic shell.
When I tried to get it open,
I did not fare very well.

First I slit it with a steak knife
But I didn’t get too far.
If I sliced my hand instead,
I’d probably end up with a scar.

So I then switched to a scissor
Thinking it would cut right through,
But I really had to struggle
As frustration grew and grew.

Next I grabbed two jagged edges
And I ripped the thing apart;
By this time I’m sure my blood pressure
Was soaring off the chart.

Surely there must be some packaging
Requiring less drastic
Measures to uncover what is waiting
Underneath the plastic.

For I’m sure I’m not the only one
Whose struggles to unseal
Something factory-made in China
Turn into a real ordeal.

What we sacrifice for cleanness
And to stop a thief from theft
Leaves the rest of us consumers
With not one nerve that is left!

No comments:

Post a Comment