Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ten Thousand Santas

Yesterday, before my eyes,
I saw what was a great surprise –
Santas everywhere I gazed;
People stopped and stared, amazed.

Driving past that sea of red,
Santa caps on every head,
Santa suits in every style,
One could not suppress a smile.

Found out it was SantaCon;
Here one day and then it’s gone,
To form a festive atmosphere
Where Santas magically appear.

They move in packs from pub to pub,
Stopping for a drink or grub;
Then they march on, their humors high,
Affecting all who pass them by.

For how could anyone not grin
As all those Santas usher in
The spirit of the holidays,
Personified in scarlet blaze.

I’m grateful that I got to see
Ten thousand Santas on a spree.
I’m sure I heard, as you’d suppose,
More than ten thousand Ho-Ho-Ho’s!

No comments:

Post a Comment