Monday, December 19, 2011

3-D

When I was just a kid,
A scary film I went to see
Was the terrifying “13 Ghosts,”
Presented in 3-D.

We watched with cardboard glasses,
One side blue and one side red;
If you didn’t want to see the ghosts,
You left them off instead.

Today I saw a 3-D film;
The glasses, though, were plastic.
I wish that I could tell you
That the 3-D was fantastic.

But sadly, that was not the case –
I found it quite distracting;
Effects to add some interest
Felt to me more like subtracting.

What really ticked me off, though,
Was the cost of each admission;
An extra 4 bucks added
To the price, without permission.

You didn’t have a choice
And once inside, the glasses stayed;
If you removed them, all was blurred,
Despite the price you paid.

Today I learned a lesson
On the value of 3-D –
That corny old technology
Was good enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment