Sunday, November 28, 2010

Trading Up

If an opportunity
Came knocking at your door,
Would you ask it in for tea,
Wanting to hear more?

Supposed it was explained to you
Your life would so improve
If to a bigger, better house
You’d have the chance to move.

Some folks would weigh the difference
Of finances and such,
And then decide to go for it,
Not agonizing much.

Other people’d hesitate,
Afraid to take that leap;
In their indecisive mode,
They’d lose a lot of sleep.

As for me, I’m set for life.
I like where I reside;
Yet when I visit better homes,
My envy I can’t hide.

Perhaps I could trade up, I think.
I’d love that water view,
And all that space to entertain –
Such joys I could accrue.

Yet since my house is free and clear,
It doesn’t make much sense
In this, the winter of my life,
To take on that expense.

So when I visit other homes,
Though lovely they might be,
I’m happy still to come back home,
A perfect place for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment