Thursday, November 11, 2010

Avoiding the Flu

I went to get a flu shot
So I won’t get the flu.
It seemed to be the proper
Grown-up, right-on thing to do.

I bypassed all the drug stores
Which announced they had the shots,
And went to see my doctor
With my stomach all in knots.

I wasn’t really nervous
‘Cause I have the shot each year,
But I’ve been sick and only now
Do I feel in the clear.

Yet I will be injected
With some influenza germs;
And I just hope my blood and them
Can quickly come to terms.

Because the thing I do not want,
The last thing I would pick,
Is that the flu beats down my cells
And I start feeling sick.

Now – ouch! I got the flu shot.
One jab and it was done.
My immunity to getting flu’s
Officially begun.

I think I’m quite protected.
I feel confident and strong.
Of course there always is
The possibility I’m wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment