Saturday, November 6, 2010

More than Half

In most relationships
The give and take is not quite equal.
While dating, it might seem to be,
But rarely in the sequel.

You may divide the chores, per se:
He vacuums and you dust.
Somehow, those things get sorted out –
You tinker and adjust.

But household tasks are not enough
To take an honest measure
Of who contributes what percent
To boost the other’s pleasure.

So many other factors enter
Into this equation;
And naturally the balance tips
On more than one occasion.

But I can state with certainty,
Can prove it on a graph,
That in my life, my husband
Truly is the better half.

He’s more than just supportive,
He’s my truest, biggest fan.
There hasn’t been a better partner
Since “I do’s” began.

He teases me that I’d miss him
More than he would miss me
If he would predecease,
And really, I can’t disagree.

I know I’m luckier than most
Though I don’t really show it.
I’m writing this so my sweet spouse
And all the world may know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment