Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Heading Out

After you’ve been sick
And you rejoin the world outside,
You realize how much you have missed
What nature can provide.

The sunshine and the crisp, fresh air,
The sky, the clouds, the breezes;
It feels great to breathe it in -
It’s worth a few more sneezes.

Cabin fever sucks you dry
Although you may keep busy;
But if you venture out too soon,
You’ll get worn out and dizzy.

Still, today I’ll take a chance
To test how I am feeling.
Honey sunshine’s beckoning
And boy, it looks appealing!

I know I’m not completely cured,
Don’t feel quite up to snuff;
But maybe with a little push
That will just be enough.

I need to taste this autumn day;
I’ve been indoors too long.
A little voice says, “Take it slow.”
I hope that voice is wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment