Sunday, December 6, 2009

Packing

Leaving for vacation soon -
I really must get cracking.
Though I have all the things I need,
I dread the thought of packing!

Never know just what to take;
Can’t predict the weather.
Clothes are strewn around, but I
Can’t get my act together.

Should I take some long-sleeved shirts?
The weather could be breezy.
While I agonize, my husband
Makes it look so easy.

He was done two days ago,
With not a second thought.
I keep second guessing things -
I am the queen of “ought.”

I ought to take those extra shoes,
Perhaps just one more dress;
My suitcase may not even close,
My closet’s still a mess.

I try on outfits – can’t decide
If I need all this stuff.
I overpack but worry that
I might not have enough.

And then the jewelry debate –
Which earrings will I need?
No matter how I plan I’ll still
Forget some, guaranteed.

Once toiletries are done –
I hope my husband packed sunscreen –
I have to gather newspapers,
Some books and magazines.

The camera? Check! My medicine?
Some makeup, phone and charger;
Anxiety is growing as
My list keeps getting larger.

Yet somehow it will all get done,
No matter how I curse;
And in a week, repeat again,
But only in reverse.

No comments:

Post a Comment