Sunday, December 13, 2009

Eating Out

For many people, eating out
Is just about the food.
They don't care if the atmosphere
Contributes to the mood.

Is the chef inventive?
The ingredients real fresh?
Then that's enough for them, whether
In France or Bangladesh.

Others need a spectacle,
With sommelier and waiter;
Fancy dishes, tablecloths,
A top-notch decorator.

The sauces are quite complex,
The wine list is extensive;
In other words, as you might guess,
The meal will be expensive.

I love to eat in restaurants,
But my concerns are few:
Decent food and candlelight
And on tap, frothy brew.

I also savor crisp french fries
And food that's not too spicy,
A friendly vibe, pie a la mode,
A wine list not too pricey.

If I could eat outdoors - that's great!
In winter, near a fire;
And casual's what I prefer
For ambiance and attire.

Although I don't sound fussy,
Don't possess food-snob syndrome,
If I can't find a place I like,
I'd rather eat at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment