Friday, November 13, 2009

Upload

I don’t do Twitter, cannot tweet,
Won’t message with a text;
Technology gives me cold feet
And leaves me most perplexed.

My cell phone’s very basic
And its camera is a mystery.
My eyes have not had Lasik
And my radio’s transistory.

I do not understand “Apps,”
Haven’t accessed DVR;
Instead of GPS, maps
Help me when I’m in the car.

I’ve yet to own an I-Pod,
Do not have Caller ID;
My online skills are slipshod –
I’m a techie refugee.

Yet somehow I decided
To create a book online.
My first attempt: misguided,
But the errors were benign.

I had to learn to upload
From our documented files,
Vacation photos, once stowed
In some neat computer piles.

I began the operation,
Suffering through trial and error;
My crescendoing frustration
Would cause some to flee in terror.

But my husband helped me through it
With his patience and his calm;
I did not think I could do it,
Certainly not with aplomb.

Now my book is almost finished,
Not quite done – completion pending;
Still my message’s not diminished:
There could be a happy ending.

What I’ve learned is, though remaining
Quite a pre-tech advocate,
Some uploading, with complaining,
May be perfectly legit.

No comments:

Post a Comment