Saturday, July 30, 2011

Going Out of Business

Two stores that I like quite a lot
Are closing shop for good.
They've both been open many years
Close to my neighborhood.


One sells country knick-knacks -
Rustic items I admire.
As a peruser of their wares,
I'm often, too, a buyer.


From picture frames and baskets
To the tchotchkes all displayed there,
I've countrified my country home
With purchases I've made there.


And now the sign says - All Must Go!
I glumly bought a rug.
I told the owner she'd be missed,
But all she did was shrug.


The other store sells furniture;
I'd shopped there long ago.
Their Going Out of Business sign
Brought me up with a Whoa!


The prices had been slashed to bits;
Such bargains could I snare.
Before I turned around, I'd bought
A sofa and a chair.


I'm sorry to see both stores close,
But just like life, I know
That nothing lasts forever;
Sadly, everything must go!

No comments:

Post a Comment