Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Alexander McQueen

I waited for an hour plus
To gaze at the McQueens,
Displayed to highlight just the point
Where art and style convenes.

The clothing was quite magical,
But most bizarre and dark.
You wouldn’t wear a dress of his
To stroll through Central Park.

With feathers, leather, shells and beads,
Tartan, wood and lace,
He made a statement with his clothes
Up front and in your face.

Accessories were crazy wild –
The shoes, the hats, the jewels;
The fashion police were shocked, I’m sure,
‘Cause he broke all the rules.

I’m not a fashionista
But I sure enjoyed the show.
It let me glimpse a world of which
There’s so much I don’t know.

Imagine if McQueen still lived –
I’d not have had the chance
To see his creativity
And how it so enchants.

I’m sorry that he died so young
And too, by his own hand;
I understand, though, why his clothes
Were so much in demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment