Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Gelato

Italy has pizza.
Italy has wine;
But Italy has one more thing
Each day I claim as mine.


I'm talking 'bout Gelato,
Smooth and creamy, filled with flavor;
In a cup or on a cone,
It's something that I savor.


I'll try a new one every day,
Variety and seller;
So far each flavor's been as rich
As Gates or Rockefeller.


I've tried the coconut at first;
Pistachio did follow.
The chocolate orange and the coffee
Highlighted each swallow.


New York has ice cream everywhere.
Gelato is sold, too;
But eating it in Italy
Is something one should do.


So when I get back, and you ask
How did I like the food,
I'll answer very honestly;
Don't think I'm being rude.


The food was fine, the wine was good,
But when I won the Lotto,
Was every day when I indulged
In Italy's Gelato!

No comments:

Post a Comment