Friday, June 10, 2011

Cuomo's Plan

The governor, to save some dough,
Thought it was time to mention
That he would like a huge reduction
In state workers’ pension.

He’d raise the age, by several years,
For workers to collect it.
Of course, he knows this plan will cause
All unions to reject it.

It’s always been considered lucky
To retire from teaching;
The benefits enticed us all
With goals in easy reaching.

But now the tides have turned and so
There’s not the same allure.
Attracting new blood to the schools
Will suffer, I am sure.

And all the teachers, stuck in place,
May have to stick around.
For many, this will be too much,
A setback quite profound.

I’m happy I got out in time,
Avoiding this huge scare;
But I feel for my colleagues,
For this plan just isn’t fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment