Saturday, May 14, 2011

Wait Time

You get down to the laundry room,
But see your clothes still spinning;
There’s not a thing that you can do –
Your wait time is beginning.

Or if you’ve an appointment
With a dentist or M.D.,
Prepare to settle in and wait –
How long’s a mystery.

You’re pacing in a pharmacy
‘Til your prescription’s filled,
Or standing in a line for stamps
And not exactly thrilled.

You might be queued up for a bus
Or searching for a train,
Appealing to the powers that be
Will likely be in vain.

No matter what you’re waiting for,
It’s really so annoying;
That wasted time should be applied
To something you’re enjoying.

I really wish that I could be
Productive while I wait,
But usually I simply let
My anger escalate.

Occasionally I succeed
And have some discipline;
This poem was started while my wash
Was cycling at “Spin.”

No comments:

Post a Comment