Sunday, May 15, 2011

Above and Beyond

When someone really goes beyond
The normal call of duty,
It simply knocks your socks right off –
It’s such a thing of beauty.

Confronted by a person who
Has certain “special needs,”
Some turn and look the other way
And others do good deeds.

Today I did experience
A magical event.
I hope the ones responsible
Know just how much it meant.

My daughter’s birthday was the best!
We had a private tour
Of New York’s Wax Museum –
Who could ask for any more?

And I could travel ‘round the world,
Traverse a million miles,
Before I’d find another way
To get those beaming smiles.

So thanks to Darren, at Tussaud’s
And Phyllis, who arranged it.
We had the most amazing time –
Not one way we’d have changed it.

It really reaffirms your faith
In humans when you find
That there are people who exist
So nice they’ll blow your mind.

We owe a debt of gratitude
And, I would be quite lax,
If I forgot to also thank
Those figures made of wax!

No comments:

Post a Comment