Friday, May 6, 2011

Wacko in the Laundry Room

So I’m minding my own business
Waiting for the wash to end,
And I hear a conversation
Which I cannot comprehend.

It’s a wacko from my building
And her dog she’s talking to,
Though why he is in the laundry room,
I haven’t got a clue.

He was sniffing ‘round my ankles
So she called him to her side
And announced, “She doesn’t like you,”
In a tone both cruel and snide.

She continued, “Have you noticed
That she never says hello?”
Maybe that’s because the two of them
I’ve chosen not to know.

I’ve overheard so many
Conversations “they” have had.
I wonder if the dog’s aware
His owner is quite mad.

Yet still it made me angry
To be chastised – so unfair!
Even if it’s to a canine,
As if I’m not even there!

The pooch seemed non-judgmental,
As expected for his kind.
My opinion of his owner is
She’s really lost her mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment