Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Time for Firsts

On the number one day of a very new year,
It’s time to take the plunge;
Let’s gather all regrets and qualms
And label them “Expunge.”

For new adventures, we’ll set out –
Impromptu, unrehearsed;
Embracing all things new so we’ll
Experience a “first.”

I’m eating dinner in a place
I’ve never tried before.
Perhaps it won’t be quite as good
As restaurants I adore.

But since the calendar is fresh
Just like a wiped-clean slate,
I’ll take a chance and sample
Different foods upon my plate.

Perhaps I’ll wear some earrings
I’ve been saving with no cause;
I’ll quietly enjoy
Some psychological applause.

For every time we have a first,
We don’t need to announce it.
If it makes you smile, why risk
That others may just trounce it?

Instead, just try a lot of firsts –
So many things are waiting.
Nobody needs to notice how,
Inside, you’re celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment