Sunday, January 16, 2011

Football

Football fever’s at its peak;
For some fans, the future’s bleak.
Others pray and place their bets
For the Patriots or Jets.

There are sometimes some surprises;
Heroes in all shapes and sizes.
Real fanatics cling to hope
When teams are on a downward slope.

As for me, I must confess,
Though I like football more than chess,
It’s not a game I care about;
Whoever loses, I won’t pout.

The players take two steps, I’ve found,
And then they’re piled up on the ground.
The clock gets frozen, so one minute
Soon has near an hour in it.

Occasionally, there is some running
Or a pass that’s long and stunning;
But to me, it’s mostly boring,
Even as the teams are scoring.

I’ll watch for a little bit
Because my husband’s into it.
I don’t care though, on the whole,
Who makes it to the Super Bowl.

Soon we’ll know which teams will play.
Frenzied fans will have their day.
I’ll cheer, too, but here’s my reason –
Coming up is baseball season!

No comments:

Post a Comment