Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Starbucks

Starbucks wants to change its logo,
Take away its name.
Somehow, without saying “Starbucks,”
It won’t be the same.

It’s green and circular right now,
A mermaid at its center.
I don’t know why a mermaid’s there
And don’t know its inventor.

There’s something that I must admit –
When I heard of the change
In logos, I was so surprised,
‘Cause this is what’s so strange –

I never noticed that there was
A mermaid there before.
I drank the coffee and the cup
Was something I’d ignore.

I know I hated all their terms,
From grande down to tall.
Whenever I get coffee there,
I always ask for “small.”

But if you asked me to describe
Their logo, I would bring
A mental image saying “Starbucks”
Circled in a ring.

I’d never see a mermaid there
So Starbucks, for your sake,
If you remove your name, I think
You’re making a mistake!

No comments:

Post a Comment