Saturday, January 15, 2011

Aleve

I’ve written here about my knee –
Well, it was getting worse.
The pain was in “fast forward” mode,
And I preferred “reverse.”

I used an ice pack, but it didn’t
Really help at all.
I started thinking what I needed
Was an overhaul.

Perhaps I should break down and see
A doctor, who would tell
What evils lurked within and if
Arthritis there did dwell.

But then it was suggested that
I swallow an Aleve.
For aches and pains in joints and muscles,
It’s known to relieve.

I’d never taken one before
But thought it worth a shot;
And man, oh man, I was amazed –
Relief is what I got!

Now that was twenty hours ago;
My pain has not returned.
I know it isn’t permanent,
But this is what I’ve learned:

If you think only doctors help
Your anguish – you’re naïve.
Your suffering may go away
If you pop an Aleve!

No comments:

Post a Comment