Friday, April 2, 2010

Underwear

I bought myself some underwear
In stripes and wild designs.
Although no one will see them,
I’ll feel dressed up to the nines.

The underwear I like is cotton,
String-bikini style;
They aren’t sexy, but they also
Aren’t juvenile.

My husband would prefer if I
Wore thongs of silk or satin;
I’m sure he’d find a ton of them
On women in Manhattan.

But I prefer the comfort of
My undies made of cotton;
As long as they are colorful,
I love the ones I’ve gotten.

A friend at work once mentioned
All her underwear was white.
She liked old-fashioned bloomer types
And had no appetite

For anything more snazzy;
She liked functional and plain.
She said – Nobody sees them,
So who cares? Can you explain?

I thought about it and replied,
I like that no one knows,
Despite the way I may appear,
I’m showy ‘neath my clothes.

When I get dressed, I’m happiest
With underwear that shouts;
But it’s my little secret
No one has to know about.

So next time you are on the street,
Give passersby a glance;
And fantasize a little bit
‘Bout what’s beneath their pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment