Sunday, April 11, 2010

Breaking Routine

When you do something daily,
When you’re in a routine,
It becomes automatic;
You become a machine.

Be you gym rat or cook,
If you’re really committed,
You must stick to the plan
Though your teeth may be gritted.

You’re determined to follow
Every self-induced goal,
But sometimes life spirals
Beyond your control.

There may come an occasion
When you have to lose out
On a meal or the gym,
Even though you’re devout.

If, like me, you’re afflicted
With obsessive syndrome,
You hate missing your daily
Routine, like my poem.

I’ve been able to keep up
My once-a-day musing,
But know that I’ll miss it
One day – not my choosing.

So I’ll try to prepare
And I hope I’ll succeed;
Soon there might come a day
When my poem you won’t read.

Though my readers are few,
I believe you are there;
I write most for myself,
But I do think you care.

So if you check my blog
And there’s no poem in sight,
Know that I’m quite distraught
I had no chance to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment