Saturday, February 13, 2010

Olympic March

Watching all the athletes
As they march in, waving flags,
I marvel at their energy,
The kind that never lags.

It doesn’t matter where they’re from
Or what they represent,
Their grins announce that they are thrilled
One hundred ten percent.

Whether they’re part of a group
Or solo from their nation,
The pride reflected in their smiles
Is proof of their elation.

Doesn’t matter what their strength
Or level of ability,
The future at this moment offers
Endless possibility.

Who knows who’ll win a medal or
Who’ll fall and disappoint?
As they bounce into our view,
Not one is out of joint.

They wave, they laugh, they look around
And all of them are beaming;
I’m sure they have to pinch themselves
To see if they are dreaming.

Years of effort got them here.
They’re full of grit and pluck;
And as I watch, I wish I could
Wish each of them good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment