Saturday, February 20, 2010

Needing a Haircut

I really need a haircut;
I hate the way I look.
If I were on a stage,
They would remove me with a hook.

I hate to get my hair cut,
Hate sitting in that chair;
Hate looking in that mirror –
God, aging’s so unfair!

I had such thick dark tresses,
Though they were quite unruly;
I cursed those frizzy tangles,
But now I miss them, truly.

I’m left with just a remnant
Of that huge mass of frizz,
And sometimes in the mirror
I don’t know who that is.

But often, just a trimming
Can elevate my mood,
And rearrange emotions
That start to come unglued.

Some color and some make-up
Can help me reconcile
My inside and my outside
And then I’ll add a smile.

Some earrings and a necklace,
An outfit that might flatter,
And I can face the world and think,
Why, nothing is the matter!

But first, I need that haircut.
My thoughts are bound to flip;
‘Cause things will start improving
When I hear that first quick snip.

No comments:

Post a Comment