Saturday, February 6, 2010

Nervous

What do you do when you’re nervous?
How do you handle the stress?
Do you take all of your problems in stride
Or, like others, turn into a mess?

Some folks pace, or stuff their face;
Others stare or twirl their hair.
Many drink, stutter, cramp, or blink,
Or bite their nails or go off the rails.

Every behavior I’ve mentioned
Is simply a method of coping,
‘Cause when anxiety visits
We do much more moping than hoping.

Visions of negative outcomes
Bombard us and ruin our dreams;
Though we have reason to worry,
It may not be as bad as it seems.

Everyone faces disaster
At least a few times in this life,
And how you respond is the challenge
When you are confronted with strife.

I cannot really advise you.
I’m more of the fall-apart type;
But I do believe that it’s in us
To conquer anxiety’s hype.

If anyone finds out the secret
Of dealing with nerves and with stress,
Please share it so maybe the next time,
I can LOL at SOS.

No comments:

Post a Comment