Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Eyeing the Storm

When a blizzard approaches
And you are away,
It's a little unreal
And you know you will pay.

You can't quite relax
'Cause the worry invades:
Will my flight be delayed?
Your vacation mode fades.

Will my car be dug out?
Will the roads all be clear?
Can the storm really rage
While the sun's shining here?

If the snow is a-swirl
Will the airport be shut?
Every inch of my brain
Fills with "what-if" and "but..."

I obsess on the news,
Watch the weatherman preen:
"The storm of the century!
Worst I have seen!"

Yet there's nothing to do
'Cause I'm miles out of range.
I can hope against hope
That the forecast will change.

But I'll have to accept
What the hand is I'm dealt;
'Cause life will go on
And the snow's gotta melt.

In the meantime, I'll bask
In this weather I borrow;
My worries can wait
'Til I fly home tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment