Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Flagged

I couldn’t print my boarding pass-

See Agent’s what it said.

When I got it at the airport,

In the corner was, instead


Of the TSA Pre-check in print

Upon my husband’s form, 

A mysterious S-S-S-S,

Not certainly the norm.


Our first flight late, we barely did

Connect to JFK.

At boarding, though, we both got flagged -

Bad things pile up that way.


My spouse got cleared but as for me,

I needed one more search

And wondered what would happen

If they left me in the lurch.


It’s awful feeling challenged 

Like you’ve somehow done some wrong 

And you aren’t welcome in the place

You know that you belong.


I’m writing this while in the air 

But wonder, when I land, 

If I’ll go through this twice

For reasons I don’t understand.



No comments:

Post a Comment