Saturday, January 22, 2022

Wearing Earrings

Every day, when I get dressed,

No matter how I’m feeling,

I choose the clothes that, comfort-wise,

I find the most appealing.

 

I may not see another soul,

(My husband, though, excluded)

Yet for my day to rock and roll,

I would be quite deluded…

 

If nothing dangled near my face,

For earrings are required

And every morning I embrace

A pair that I’ve acquired.

 

Some favorites tend to reappear

But since I have so many,

You’d never glance at either ear

To find me without any.

 

My husband wonders why do I

Insist on this tradition.

My answer, given with a sigh,

Might spark some recognition.

 

It cheers me up to add a bit

Of charm to my reflection;

Those earrings also benefit,

Diverting close inspection.

No comments:

Post a Comment