Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Waiting for Delivery

Ordered some books for my grandson

On the Friday that recently passed,

Expecting a next-day delivery

Since Amazon gets things done fast.

 

Got a notice the order was processed,

Then a follow-up it would be late,

So instead of the 15th arrival,

I was given a different date.

 

Told my son to remain on the lookout

For by Sunday or Monday it should

Be deposited on their front doorstep

But I started to doubt if it would.

 

By this morning, when checking the order,

It said, “Sorry, your books may be lost.

Please reorder or ask for a refund.”

Somehow somebody’s signals got crossed.

 

I will try once again but I realized

Just how spoiled I’ve gotten to be,

Yet I hope my grandson’s disappointment

Is with Amazon rather than me!

No comments:

Post a Comment