Thursday, March 10, 2011

Vitamin D

My doctor, who is most efficient,
Took some blood from me;
It seems that I am quite deficient
In Vitamin D3.

I googled it and what I found
Caused me to just recoil –
My diet, which I thought was sound,
Needs some cod liver oil;

Also egg yolks and sardines,
Mackerel and milk,
Liver, salmon and cuisines
Containing all that ilk.

If left untreated, I could get
Alzheimer’s or depression,
Obesity and, still a threat,
Some cancers’ slow progression.

Of course, with just a little pill,
A vitamin to swallow,
Most likely I will not get ill,
Those warnings ringing hollow.

I’ll take the vitamin, but not
The liver oil or fish;
And soon I will be hot to trot,
But what I really wish

Is that I’d use an ancient cure,
Which would be much more fun –
My D3 levels sure would soar
By lying in the sun
!

2 comments: