Wednesday, March 30, 2011

To Travel

Sit on a plane and the miles just zoom
To get to a new destination.
Now here I am where the cacti bloom
At the start of a desert vacation.

The flora and fauna are spiny and spiked;
The birdsong is pleasant and sweet.
Tomorrow's the mountains and I am psyched;
There'll be views and a little less heat.

It's a little escape from the daily drudge;
Time to take a break from your routine.
I am under the palm trees and I won't budge
'Cause I feel as relaxed as a queen.

Later on we'll go out, find a place to dine.
There are so many places to choose;
And with new foods to eat and a little wine,
There is really no way we can lose.

A traveling day can provide the key
To a door that will lead who knows where;
But wherever you get to, I'm sure you'll see
That it's wonderful just to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment