Friday, March 11, 2011

Umbrelletons

Yesterday had rain and wind,
Both feverishly pitched,
Because of which, you might have seen
Umbrellas getting ditched.

Today I started counting
All the skeletal remains;
I spotted thirty-two in all,
On sidewalks, bins and drains.

And that was merely on a stretch
A mile or so in length;
Just picture Mother Nature’s glee
In showing off her strength.

She turned umbrellas inside out,
Destroying all their spines
And laughing at the humans
So betrayed by weak designs.

Imagine all the soaking souls
With broken down umbrellas;
I was nearly one among
Those sopping gals and fellas.

But my umbrella held its own,
Its handle tightly clenched;
The whipping wind upturned it –
I got wet but hardly drenched.

Still, we should mourn the flimsy ones,
Discarded and deserted;
And maybe somehow repetition
Might yet be averted.

No comments:

Post a Comment