Saturday, December 19, 2020

My Phone

I couldn’t live without my phone

Although when I was younger,

Since mobile phones did not exist,

I didn’t have that hunger.

 

I waited ‘til I got back home

To call a friend for schmoozing.*

My mom would write a message,

If I got one, for perusing.

 

Encyclopedias were there

To look up information.

No Google at my fingertips –

That was the situation.

 

A Kodak camera using film

Took photos that I needed.

Alarm clocks woke me up

So my anxiety receded.

 

Each application on my phone –

The games and WAZE and weather –

Are things I never had on hand,

At least not all together.

 

I lived without them easily,

Not feeling discontented

Until, of course, the year in which

The iPhone was invented!

 

*chatting, shooting the breeze

No comments:

Post a Comment