Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Third Gelato

Walking in Milano
On a guided city tour,
I wasn't really certain
What delights would be in store:

A castle (or castello)
Which displayed, as quite a perk,
An unusual Pieta,
Michelangelo's last work.

A massive carved cathedral
And a mall with fancy shops
Filled with Prada and Armani
(Not my normal browsing stops)

And a modern art museum
With some wonderful displays,
Such a pleasure to encounter -
Worthy of a tourist's praise.

But let's not forget the topic
That's inspired this day's rhyme -
Yes, of course I had gelato
With 3 flavors at this time.

Hazelnut ('cause that's a given)
And pistachio to boot
With red raspberry I added
Just to try a little fruit.

When I think of this vacation
I will fondly look on back
With gelato as my guidepost,
Keeping memories on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment