Friday, June 17, 2016

Last Day Preschool Picnic

At the last day preschool picnic
There were blankets on the grass
Which the tots ran over freely
If that way they had to pass.

There were pastel-frosted cupcakes
(Health food banished for a day)
And the slides and sandbox filled with kids
In joyous outdoor play.

But the draw for my two grandkids
Was the singer with guitar
For when music's in the air, I know
They won't be going far.

So as Henry spun and boogied
And his sister bopped along,
I was grooving like a back-up singer,
Knowing every song.

Three days back I was in Venice
And the vistas were entrancing
But there's nothing that looks better
Than my grandkids when they're dancing.

2 comments:

  1. It was such a pleasure getting to experience Italy with the two of you. I am enjoying your rhymes, and will continue to read them. I went straight to my daughter's home when I landed, to get a "grandchild fix" as well. Glad you made it home safely! Will be in touch; all the best, Gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is the first chance i've had to read this, gail, and the feeling is mutual. i'm looking forward to your book so i can relive our trip through an artist's eyes!

      Delete