Friday, March 9, 2012

Venetian Blinds

I wonder if the homes in Venice
Have Venetian blinds;
Or if their window panes are topped
With shades of different kinds?

Are English muffins eaten
By the British with their tea?
Would Parisians recognize French toast?
I doubt they’d answer “Oui!”

If, in Amsterdam, I told you
That our meal would be Dutch treat,
Would a local understand we’d split
The cost of what we’d eat?

I’d be curious, in Leningrad,
If folks would start to sweat,
If I pulled a gun, suggesting
That we play Russian roulette?

In Istanbul, perhaps they’d think
That I was rather daffy
If I visited each candy shop
In search of Turkish taffy.

To Americans, such adjectives
Are charming and unique,
But I wonder if, to foreigners,
They might seem tongue-in-cheek.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanna thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice article I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blinds and shades are like curtains. They improved the appearance of window and keep sunlight from view for privacy purposes.



    Aluminium Blinds & Perfect Fit Venetian Blinds

    ReplyDelete