Friday, March 2, 2012

Two Typos

While checking out a website
Where my poem appeared in print,
I had to do a double-take,
My scrunched up eyes a’squint.

For there before me were my words,
Which everyone could see,
But one phosphorescent typo
Sat there looking back at me.

I’d read it over, checked it twice,
Like Santa’s song suggested;
But somehow I’d mistyped a word
And nobody’d protested.

I made a fast correction
And removed the extra letter.
As soon as I was done, I felt
Miraculously better.

Until a different poem of mine
My temper did ignite,
For a single noun was used
When only plural would be right.

Just a measly “s” was missing
But it set me in a tizzy,
For a typo is a message
That your mind is just too busy.

Once again, it was amended
So I really should stop fumin’
‘Cause, to paraphrase the Bard,
To make a typo’s only human!

No comments:

Post a Comment