Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dilemma

So I'm up here in Maine,
In my fancy hotel,
And, although we're far north,
It's still hotter than hell.

I packed my long pants,
My trusty warm fleece,
But the sun's beating down -
Will this heat ever cease?

The room that I'm in
Has a terrace so grand
That the ocean below me
Seems at my command.

So here's my dilemma:
The room has A/C,
But the terrace, though hot,
Has been calling to me.

It's right on the ocean
And there are some trees,
So though it is 90,
There is quite a breeze.

I'll stick to the outside,
'Cause it's such a treat;
I'll savor the vista,
Put up with the heat.

It should cool off later
But if it does not,
I will not complain,
Even if I feel hot.

'Cause when I'm back home
And I step in the door,
I'll dream of this view
While my A/C does roar!

No comments:

Post a Comment