Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Buying a Gift

There is often an occasion
When a present is required,
But to purchase something perfect
Is a skill I’ve not acquired.

For it really should be something
Rather special and unique,
Often waiting to be spotted
In a local hip boutique.

But you take a chance to buy it
Where it cannot be returned.
The recipient might hate it –
That’s a lesson I have learned.

Better, then, to search and locate
In a trusty big-name store,
Just the item that you’re hoping
The givee might well adore.

If she doesn’t, there’s no harm done;
She’ll return what you did get ‘er –
And, with gift receipt in hand,
She’ll pick out something she likes better.

Though I really hope my gifts
Are worth the effort I extend,
It’s the thought that really counts,
Especially to a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment