Friday, November 17, 2023

Showing the Way

A text I received with emojis

Exploding all over the screen

Was, to me, something new

But I had not a clue

How to replicate what I had seen.


My granddaughter sent me the message.

I asked her then just what to do.

She’s a pro at this stuff 

(Her eight years is enough)

So she showed me the tips that she knew.


When a friend later texted some info -

Good news she’d been hoping to hear -

I chose faces with grins

So my answer begins 

With them floating and sending some cheer.


Soon she called me and asked me to teach her

How to do such a magical thing.

I explained what to press

And voila! with success 

On her phone, smiles and hearts she can fling.


Though it’s true that age brings with it wisdom,

Technology favors the young.

So to grandkids I say,

Thanks for showing the way

And your praises deserve to be sung.



No comments:

Post a Comment