Saturday, October 14, 2023

Clark Kent

My glasses, like some current styles,

Large, circular and black,

Are reminiscent of some frames 

From quite a few years back.


I rarely wear them in the house;

My sight up close is fine,

But when I head outside they are

A signature of mine.


On FaceTime with my brother,

If I’ve just walked in the door,

He laughs and as he greets me,

I’m aware of what’s in store.


I guess my frames remind him

Of our early TV views,

When Superman dressed in disguise

Reporting on the news.


His Daily Planet cronies

Knew him only as Clark Kent

And his glasses looked like mine,

(Although that wasn’t my intent!)


When I look in the mirror now,

Instead of seeing me,

I see Clark Kent and know my brother

Wouldn’t disagree.




No comments:

Post a Comment