Friday, March 18, 2022

Year of the Cat

There’s a song you might know -

It’s called “Year of the Cat.”

It’s an oldie, but really quite good.

It was co-written by

A once-neighbor of mine,

A cool Englishman named Peter Wood.


With his wife and dog Bill

He lived on the 9th floor

Blasting music well into the night

But he soundproofed his walls

And helped tune our guitar

So we got along really all right.


I’m not sure if we knew 

At the time that he had

Earned some musical praise and acclaim

But the time Cyndi Lauper

Appeared on our floor

Then we knew he had some kind of fame.


Sadly, Peter is gone,

Dying by his own hand,

But I hear his big hit now and then

And I’m proud I can say,

Thinking back to that time,

That I really did know Peter when…


No comments:

Post a Comment