Tuesday, March 1, 2022

More Important

“You think you’re more important

Than you are,” my husband said,

Responding to a sadness that was

Floating in my head.

 

“Most people simply do not care

If you’re around or not.

It doesn’t matter if you give

As much as you have got.”

 

I started to object but then

I couldn’t disagree.

“Who reads your poems” he asked.

I said, “I write them just for me.”

 

“And yet you post them. Do you get

Much feedback from your friends?”

“I do at times,” I answered.

“But not often – it depends.”

 

Of course, we all get wrapped up

In our lives and don’t have time

To reach out to our kith and kin

For updates or for rhyme.

 

I understood his point but it

Did not improve my mood.

To put it in a poem, at least’s

A better way to brood.

No comments:

Post a Comment