Friday, June 4, 2021

Breaking Rules

 I always wonder at the folks 

Who do not follow rules,

Who violate the status quo,

Think followers are fools.


A traffic light that’s red? Who cares?

No motorbikes allowed?

Let’s speed along where people walk

And blast our music LOUD!


A flight attendant wanting me

To sit here with a mask?

I’ll knock her teeth out; maybe then,

She’ll be afraid to ask.


A bicycle chained up outside?

The owner’s not around,

So I can take it for myself 

And show off what I’ve found.


The list can just go on and on;

This stuff just isn’t right,

Yet more and more we’re powerless

To stand our ground and fight.


When rules are made and put in place,

What used to be expected

Was that they would be followed

And not nastily rejected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment