Monday, June 1, 2020

Up and Dance

The radio’s a lifeline
And for hours every day
We flip from blues to classical
But sometimes we will stray.

My husband found a station
Which plays oldies in the morn
And salsa in the afternoon;
You cannot be forlorn

When the music taps that place inside
That makes you up and dance
Despite the fact you’re grounded
In the current circumstance.

So yesterday I cha-cha-ed
Getting on my Latin groove
And with just my spouse to see me,
There were none to disapprove.

While this morning, there was Motown
And some early disco funk
As I pranced through the apartment
With some rare 6 a.m. spunk.

To lose oneself to dance is all
The therapy I need,
For joy comes front and center,
Letting agita* recede.

*anxiety, stress or aggravation

No comments:

Post a Comment